You can do this recipe a couple of ways
Buy a Skull (I prefer the one you can open the top off)
You can either smear cheese all over the skull and use cocktail onions for eyes and let your guests use crackers to scarp off the flesh AND/OR
Make a cheese ball and press it into a brain mold, then cover inside of skull with plastic wrap and place cheese ball inside to show exposed brain.
Again let your guests scrap out the yummy goodness straight from the back of the head or off the face.
Here is a Martha Stewart Cheese Ball Recipe that is GREAT
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
CHEDDAR AND CRANBERRY:
- 8 ounces sharp orange cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons store-bought chutney
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Water crackers, for serving
ROQUEFORT AND WALNUT:
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable chips (such as Terra Chips Sweets & Beets), for serving
GOAT CHEESE AND SCALLIONS:
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices, for serving
Put butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until combined. Divide equally among 3 medium bowls.
Stir cheddar cheese and chutney with base mixture in the first bowl. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. Roll cheese ball in cranberries to coat before serving. Serve with crackers.
Stir blue cheese and shallot with base mixture in second bowl; add brandy, if desired. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days; freeze up to 1 month. Roll in walnuts to coat before serving. Serve with chips.
Stir goat cheese and scallions with base mixture in remaining bowl. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. Roll in parsley to coat before serving. Serve withcucumber slices.